Re: Dieseling and knock

To: william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: Dieseling and knock
From: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@iccom.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:26:04 -0700

william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu wrote:

> OK, so I may not be able to stop by the airport every week for fuel and at
> least one person thinks the additives don't add much.  How about a water
> injector?

As for reducing the knocking ,,I doubt it..

> Has anyone got any
> experience with water injection?

I used it as a very effective gas extender in a 327 engine holly carbs. I had a
tank and valve hooked into the carbs and it actually worked as far as milage.
approximately 8% . That was in the 70s' when the "gas" crunch was on. It's
still there but we don't have to wait in line very long for 2.00 gas.;=( I also
had a tank in the engine bay as a pre-heater a line coiled inside the water
heated tank" Do not try this in the summer"  It also worked ok ,, but as far as
the noisey knock ,,valve timeing and fuel.
My 2 .p
chuck