Script conquered, now that #%@#$ mirror

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Script conquered, now that #%@#$ mirror
From: "Phillip Sprules" <phillip@sprules.co.za>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:25:38 +0200
Hi all.....

Thanks for the help from everyone with ideas, particularily Brad, Lou,
Robert and Paul....

For the scrip, I took fishing line (gut I think it is called in some
places), pryed the script away with a small screwdriver, pushed the line
down behind the script etc etc etc

A few snags did, however, arise.....

The 1st script I pryed off ever so nice and carefully. At the last little
tug, it popped off, spun through the air, and snapped in half against a
nearby shelf :-( There is a moral there somewhere.... just hope a bit of
glue will sort it out.....

The 2nd one, it turned out, was only held on with one pin and a bit of glue,
so when I gave the 1st gentle tug, it came off.... will have to try and
re-contruct the other 3 pins with some wire and a super hot soldering
iron.......

Now for the mirror... it is the type where the shaft, if rotated, raises +-
5mm, exposing a bolt (about a size 22 metric) which is obviously the way to
go... the only problem is that my size 22 Gedore spanner is about 8mmm
thick......

That is as far as I got last night as by then the temperature had dropped to
2 degrees celcius (35 F) which is too cold too work in.......

Will try tonight with whatever I can find around the garage, possibly making
a "spanner" out of a little bit of sheet metal

Anyone got any better ideas ?

Regards
Phillip