OD Select

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD Select
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:04:25 -0500
OK, the OD unit is finally in along with the hydraulics and carbs. Could
not wait to drive it again, and as expected it ran rough. I was
interested in trying out the OD unit so after a brief run I stopped and
topped up the gearbox with 30W non-detergent oil. It required about a
quarter more of a quart so the full box now has about 2.25 quats total.
Shifted through all gears then tried the OD switch and nothing happened
in 3rd or 4th gears. I did notice when releasing the switch on the
column to turn off a slight jerk as if you were downshifting but did not
notice a drop in rpms when engaging. What is wrong? I admit I have not
done any adjustment as noted in the Rootes manual under control
mechanism but should'nt I see something engage even if it is not in
synch? As usual, any help appreciated. The book makes the adjusments to
the solenoid sound easy. Does anybody have any experience? Thanks Brent