Re: Alumaweld?

To: JGross@econolite.com
Subject: Re: Alumaweld?
From: VILIO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:33:07 EDT
I have used Alumaweld quite successfully to repair the aluminum frame of my
recumbent bike.  As with any welding/brazing operation it pays to practice.
The key is to not overheat the part being repaired and melt a new hole in it.
 Do a good job of prepping the repair area by brushing it aggressively with
the stainless steel brush supplied with the kit.  When the part is up to temp
you have to scrape the rod through the fresh oxide coating and watch the
material flow.    All in all I have been happy with it.  I did melt away an
old aluminum outboard prop trying to get the hang of using it though.

Rich Childs