SV Restoration

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: SV Restoration
From: LMcKenna@AdventInternational.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:43:54 -0400
Greetings- I have a nice 1966 Series V with low mileage and original
condition. That's the good part. The bad part is that it is low mileage
because it hasn't been driven for years and years. The car has been kept in
a dry garage so it isn't one of those cases that ended up as the proverbial
vegetable garden. But, when I attached a battery and turned it over, I found
the carbs leaked badly, the brakes are frozen, the clutch cannot be
depressed (well, I suppose it is depressed, but I mean disengaged), etc.
When last driven, it drove fine but with the usual collection of minor
electrical problems. Unfortunately, I did nothing to prepare it for storage
and it's been (gulp) 10 years (sorry guys and gals).
        Now, I'd like to put it back on the road, and start tending to it
again. My preference is to have a good, experienced person rehab it to the
point of safe driveability and state Inspection Sticker. Does anyone have
good experience with such a person in the eastern/northern New England area?
Can you suggest people I can contact in this area?
        My first communique with this group and I'm looking forward to
perhaps contributing in the future.
Larry McK.