RE: Bumpers to Body

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bumpers to Body
From: william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 19:28:17 -0700
Theo
Many of our cars have been touched, fondled, or molested from behind.  This
causes the bumper to twist upward.  If you put a crow bar under the bumper
into the mounting brackets, often times you can shift the bumper back down
so that the key will fit into the lock.
Bill (a little touched) Lewis

                    Theo Smit

                    <TSMIT@isotel.com>        To:     "'Daniel S. Eiland'"

                    Sent by:                  <deiland1@elp.rr.com>

                    owner-alpines@auto        cc:     "Tigers@autox,team.net"

                    x.team.net                <tigers@autox.team.net>, Alpines

                                              <alpines@autox.team.net>

                    05/15/00 04:00 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Theo Smit

Hi Dan,
If my key were to fit the trunk, it would certainly interfere with the rear
bumper. Viewed from above, my bumper slightly overlaps the rear bodywork.
Chris V (and I think Steve Laifman) mentioned tubular bumper mount
extensions, which (I suppose) would be fitted by running longer bumper
mount
bolts through them.

I don't keep anything valuable in the trunk (a spare and a battery, both of
which eventually go flat), and I will equip my alarm with a trunk-activated
trigger, when I get around to the trivial stuff.

Regards,
Theo