soft top swap

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: soft top swap
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 22:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
   The soft top frame on my Series 5 came off a very early Tiger. Is
there any difference in the frames because I'm having  a lot of trouble
getting the front bow to clamp down evenly?               The ends of
the bow want to meet the windshield well before the center of the bow
snugs up. It seems like it is pivoting down at too shallow an angle and
I've tried every adjustment imaginable. At this point I'm almost hoping
that it was a mistake to use the Tiger frame so I can give up and buy a
frame that will fit.

Rob Nanzig
67SV