[6pack] I need a measurement

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] I need a measurement
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:18:47 -0500 (EST)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Hi,

If you have a used late-style TR6 head gasket laying around, I need a
favor. I need to know the thickness of the fire ring (after being
crushed).

I had a TR6 block decked to true it and they took off .006", but now the
recesses measure about .012" - I think I need to have the recesses re-cut,
but I want to know how much crush we can get away with.

I know the answer, but I want an actual measurement from a used head
gasket.

In a total lapse of good judgement, I actually threw out the one I took
off this engine. GO figure. Probably the first time I ever cleaned up a
job before it was done.

:-)

Thanks in advance.

rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489