Re: [6pack] hazard lights

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] hazard lights
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:35:56 +0000
Oh my gosh, that's funny!!

I think you have the schematic, so you'll just have to trace it down. I recall
that it's the double-pole hazard switch that keeps the left side and right
side apart from each other when the hazard switch is off. "Double-Pole"
meaning there are two separate switches built into one, so when it is 'off'
the two sides are not connected together. But I can't even imagine how you got
the back-up lights blinking. That's too funny!

I believe the correct hazard switch is also suppose to remove current from the
turn signal circuit. Mine ( you may recall ) was built by the previous owner
from a K-mart rocker switch. It doesn't remove the current from the turn
curcuit, but this apparently causes no harm. I try to be sure the turn signals
are not on when I use the hazard switch, but made sure doing so made no smoke
leak from the system.

Good luck. Let us know if you get new results.

Sloane :)

6pack@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive