Re: [6pack] Relays

To: kirsis stephen <sakirsis@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Relays
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 23:58:46 -0700
On Dec 3, 2011, at 8:49 AM, kirsis stephen wrote:

> Just got out Dan Masters book and followed the recipe.

I too had this experience with Dan's book.  After carefully reading
his write up on ammeters and voltage gages I realized the reason my
ammeter was showing that the alternator was charging was because it
WAS overcharging. The battery, which I hope didn't get cooked too
much, was up to 13.1 volts not running and the alternator was putting
out 14.85 at times all of which exceeded the numbers in Dan Master's
book.  Thanks once again Dan.  His thoughts on ammeters and voltage
gages is interesting with the pros going in favor of an ammeter.  And
in this case watching my ammeter, and knowing something was not
looking normal, gave me information that helped ID the alternator
issue, information you wouldn't get from a voltage meter according to
Dan.

  The NAPA alternator is going back...lifetime warranties are nice.
Never had one overcharge.  Bearings yes, no charge yes, dead out of
box yes, but this was new.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi@comcast.net

6pack@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive