Re: [6pack] Alternator puzzle

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alternator puzzle
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 03:18:13 +0000
Oh, one possible clue to this puzzle. As I mentioned the Lucas alternator
would only drop to zero with the headlights on. We put a cheap circuit
breaker, like from Advance Auto Parts, on the wire between the headlight
switch and the battery a year ago. He had a short in the headlight switch that
burned that wire right out of the wiring harness. It seemed that nothing else
in the wires was harmed, so we just replaced the single fried wire and decided
to put in the circuit breaker. Again with the Bosch, it died when the
headlights were on. I'm thinking either the circuit breaker is somehow causing
it or there's a hidden problem with the wires.

thanks in advance if anyone has had anything similar occur.

Sloane :)