[6pack] Mileage and Emission Standards

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Mileage and Emission Standards
From: shewfamily@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:09:40 -0400
Has anyone seen or read anything about the Obama administration's proposed new
requirements for new car mileage and emission standards that would indicate
plans?to apply those to existing?vehicles either to 1) take us off the road
or?2) tax us for driving cars made before the strict?standards were put in
place??? I am very concerned that eventually our hobby will be targeted by the
environmentalist who will limit our ability to actually drive our cars.

Just wonder if anyone shares this concern or has a better understanding of the
lobbying efforts to prevent this from happening.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN