Re: [6pack] Frame repair - Foam Filler?

To: slowtoaccept@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Frame repair - Foam Filler?
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:22:34 EDT
I am going to go on the record here as predicting that in the not too
distant future, injecting foam into chassis rails is going to come back as a
bad
 idea.  I will qualify this statement by saying that injecting foam in an
uncontrolled, non manufacturing environment is a bad idea.  I think that
Ratco does it (may be mistaken here) but I bet they don't drive down to Home
Depot to pick up a can when they do it.  My bet is that they have equipment
designed to insure coverage.  I have used this stuff in non automotive
applications and then had the need to cut into it later.  This stuff does
create voids and does not expand infinitely to eliminate all air space where it

is squirted.  Personally, I would rethink a DIY application of this in a
metal chassis.
YMMV
Just my two Euros worth, and I could be wrong.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO