Re: [6pack] [TR6] Re: Ignition light / dumb question / fails to

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR6] Re: Ignition light / dumb question / fails to
From: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@mi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:35:27 -0400
On my 1970's Ford it would do the not crank when hot... I cleaned the
connections to the starter motor and never had the problem again on the
car..Had same problem with Ford van same fix  no more problems..  Had
problem with Ford 86 pickup not cranking when raining out or after a very
humid day  did same fix cleaned the starter connections..

Now with the boat it stops running after a hour or so. It will crank just
fine but not start till you let it cool off or pour some gas into the
carburetor and get it to run long enough for it to suck cool gas back into
the carburetor..   I think it's vapor lock as I have been having this
problem ever since we had to switch to 90/10 gas here in Michigan..  So this
may/maynot be related to the TR-6 but it might help someone out.....Bob