Re: [6pack] tire pressure

To: j.honor@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] tire pressure
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 j.honor@comcast.net wrote:

> planning extended highway roadtrip down trout 66, have tr6 with yokohama
> advan 205x70x15, currently all at 29 OK- wondering benefit of lower
> pressure in rear? thoughts? Thanks!

If 29 all-around works for you and you don't get wierd tire wear (like the
middle wears faster than the edges), then go for it. I've been running 30
front/rear for years and really like the handling. It's more neutral and
you can get the car to "rotate" if you want.

If you have no clue on how to drive (please be honest with yourself), then
you should stick closer to the factory tire pressures as that setup
encourages a LOT of understeer which is a lot easier for the casual driver
to comprehend and deal with. I like to say: "it's better to hit things
with the front of the car... if you have no choice".

:-)

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489