[6pack] Leaky TR6

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net(TRiumphs)>, "6pack"
Subject: [6pack] Leaky TR6
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 12:29:06 -0500
Yesterday, while driving home from a Triumph event, I was forced to put the
TR6s top up during a heavy rain. I now have two more questions. When I
installed the new top on the TR6, I left the windshield header to soft top
rubber weather strip off because I was unsure which way the lip was supposed to
face. I sure now know the purpose of the seal. What direction does the lip go?

With the top up, I get engine fumes coming up through the gear shift boot. Is
there a way to seal that area that will keep the fumes from the interior of the
car?

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8