Re: [6pack] Fw: Re:Site feedback from Valvoline.com (VR1 ZDDP query)

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Glenn Rierson
Subject: Re: [6pack] Fw: Re:Site feedback from Valvoline.com (VR1 ZDDP query)
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:16:29 -0600
The only issue I have with the 'site feedback' is the statement that "The API
SM just means that the oil is rated for gasoline engines." If that were all it
was meant for, then why does it change? If SM only meant 'for Gasoline
engines' then why did it start at 'SA' and move up the alphabet (except for SI
and SK). 'S' means for gasoline while 'M' identifies the current formulation
requirements. I don't see a conspiracy, just a flippant response.

Shawn