Re: [6pack] [6-pack] List problems

To: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [6-pack] List problems
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:12:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Robert N. Clark wrote:

> I am receiving notices from the list owner that it is receiving
> excessive bounce backs and sooner or later I'll be dropped from the
> list.  I don't get a response to my inquiries about why this happening.
> Is anyone else having this problem or is my firewall that doesn't like
> the content of some messages.  I find it odd that the Wedge list run by
> MIT doesn't have this problem.

The volume on the team.net servers is pretty large and the guy that runs
it spends rediculous time tracking down various mail list issues. But
because there is so much volume, some of the ISPs will sometimes block
stuff from team.net.

The volume on the wedge list is close to zero when compared to all the
autox lists. So even if there was a large volume of spam from that
machine, it probably wouldn't get shut off unless it go to really, really
big volumes.

FWIW, MIT gets pinned as a major spammer on a frequent basis by the big
ISPs and our network folks have to deal with them regularly.

Not that I know anything about MIT's mail servers, of course.

:-)

> Bob Clark
> '69 TR6

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489