Re: [6pack] Window glass

To: "Stephen Lindquist" <lindquistse@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Window glass
From: "robert fabie" <bobfabie@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:22:42 -0500
Steve:
I just finished that same task about two hours ago. I used a stiff 3 inch
spatula and a rubber/nylon hammer and just tapped away until I could pull
the metal piece away from the glass. If you have to replace the rubber
"sleeve" that is glued to the bottom of the glass, TRF has it in stock for
$4.00. It's part number 61766. I just reused mine and re-attached the glass
to the metal piece (that the regulator attaches to) with silicone
adhesive/sealant. It's drying as we speak.

I chipped my driver's side door glass while replacing the inner/outer
scrapers, regulator, window guides, etc. Another FANTASTIC list member
(Michael Campsmith) came through with an OEM replacement in excellent
condition.

I hope this helps.

Bob Fabie