Re: [6pack] headrest spring

To: andr.jrsquared@verizon.net (Jimmy Richards)
Subject: Re: [6pack] headrest spring
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:21:44 -0800
Jimmy---An alternative could be a wedge tht slips between the steel post
of the headrest and the flange that's part of the seat top. This holds
my head rest inits uppermost position. Since I never change the height
of the rest, it works great. (The original friction device gave up long
ago)

Dick

Sender: 6pack-bounces+tr6taylor=webtv.net@autox.team.net From:
andr.jrsquared@verizon.net(Jimmy Richards) Date: Tue, Jan 8, 2008,
9:26am (PST+2) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: [6pack] headrest spring
I have refurbished my seat frames in anticipation of installing new seat
covers.
There is a plastic coated "spring" in the late model seat frames that
holds up the headrests when the headrest is extended.
I have one but need another. The big three don't seem to have this item.
Does anyone have one of these springs that they would be willing to sell
or an alternative solution?
Jimmy Richards
1974 TR6
CF16521U