Re: [6pack] Tr6 Rear Disc Brake Project, Any Interest?

To: <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tr6 Rear Disc Brake Project, Any Interest?
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 22:17:00 -0500
Sure.

I used a Nissan R200 Longnose - this is NOT the one that Richard Good sells.
Mine came from a donor 280ZX and has the more desirable 3.90 to 1 ratio.  It
is however, not limited slip but to tell you the truth I don4t really miss
it.  It runs admirably well the way it is.

The diff is mounted on a custom made 4carrier4.  This carrier also supports
the true coilovers for the rear suspension - they are true coilovers in the
sense that they are not a conventional shock inside separate from the spring
assembly.  Mine are all self contained and adjustable for rebound.  I have
them valved and filled with a damper fluid that compliments the 'squatting'
properties of the TR6.  They are very nice and dampen the squatting without
making them harsh.  They are truly fantastic.

The halfshafts are a hybrid design.  I was not pleased with the splined
setup of the TR6.  The Nissan halfshafts have ball bearings and will not
bind.  In my setup, the inside part is all Nissan, with the outside bearings
still TR6.  This enabled me to rebuild the hubs.  Prior to installation they
were properly tested for any defects.

You can read more about the rear suspension setup on my website.  You can
see about it here:  http://www.bowtie6.com/rear_suspension.htm - there are
several picture galleries so make sure you look around!  There is also
information on the front brakes - they are Wilwood - as well as the rest of
bowtie6.

In my brake setup, there is not tire rub or wheel rub.  Like I mentioned
previously, there is some issues with the original stock wheels.  One thing
about this setup is that the studs on the trailing arms MUST be pristine and
in excellent shape.  My trailing arms were in great shape and this setup has
been highly reliable.  Bowtie6 stops as good as it runs.

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/