[6pack] TRF seat belts

To: mark@bradakis.com
Subject: [6pack] TRF seat belts
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:47:07 -0500
Mark:

I installed TRF belts just a few months ago when they had their special.? The
belts use all the original mounting points and come with good hardware.? I
found that they mounted quite securely.? The whole project only took me about
an hour, and I am not nearly as skilled a mechanic as some of the really
helpful guys on the list (as if you couldn't tell from my questions!).

My seat belts were original and I loved the arrangement, especially the way the
female end was positioned on the trans tunnel so you could always find it.?
However, the driver's side retractor kept hanging up on me and didn't stop when
I lubricated it.? Also, 30-year-old webbing is pretty scary.

One problem with the new belts:? The buckle doesn't always click securely on
the flat piece on the first try.? You always need to confirm that the belts are
securely buckled.? It just has to do with how the pieces fit together, but once
buckled, they stay that way.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue