[6pack] Shimmy at 50mph

To: im_sloane@hotmail.com, 6-Pack List Serve <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Shimmy at 50mph
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:22:40 -0600
This list is a great deal like an encounter group except I feel no
better learning that someone else is suffering the same problem as I!

I am hoping my drive shaft will return from being balanced this week and
that will be the end of my 6's vibration(s) which showed up after
u-joint replacement. Last week, the mechanic found a exhaust pipe hanger
secured to the body without the typical rubber insulator/isolator
causing a pretty nasty vibration beginning at 50mph. Correcting that
left a vibration that is heard more than felt but not until nearing
70mph. The hope is that balancing the shaft will solve that; the fear is
that it won't and a bearing may be at issue. We'll see, hopefully later
this week! This may be my only Christmas present!!

Rick Norris