Re: [6pack] Off-topic - Ted's wife's store okay?

To: John VanNorman <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Off-topic - Ted's wife's store okay?
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:04 -0400
John VanNorman wrote:
> Sorry to be a bit off topic here, but I just wanted to send out a
> message seeing how Ted Schumacher and his wife are doing.  Ted's wife
> has a gift shop in downtown Findlay, Ohio and as you've seen on the
> news, downtown Findlay was hit really hard by the flooding last week.
> My sister as well as one other 6-Packer, Rob Roy, work for Marathon
> Petroleum Company, which is just a few blocks away from Ted's wife's
> store.  This link shows photos of the area around the Marathon
> building a day or so after the rain, so I'm sure there was damage to
> Ted's wife's store.
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/67931017@N00/1203096628/in/set-72157601601995969/
>
> John V.

John and list. Thanks for your thought's. Doris' store suffered damage
but she will be reopening.  Right now the downtown area is being
cleaned, dried, disinfected and a host of other things.  My wife got in
to the store early Wednesday morning. Water was ankle deep and rising.
She and one of her staff moved everything they could to higher shelves,
show windows, tops of counters, etc.  The store is a gift shop with a
everything from kid's educational toy's, some apparel, glassware to
sauces and other food mixes, rubs, etc.  Everything on the floor was
ruined. When she opened the door at 7 am, items floated out of the
door.  She started store from scratch 5 years ago so it was very
devastating to her emotionally as well as dollar loss.  Required TR
content. No car parts or other testosterone items.  Commercial message,
if anyone needs gifts for the upcoming fall season, football to
Christmas, Doris ships. thanks to all. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net