Re: [6pack] Removing Distributor Shaft

To: johncnorth@gmail.com (John North)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Removing Distributor Shaft
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:06:02 -0700
 John---It should be just a tap out on this pin. One or both ends
might've been ecessively peened over, so if it's not too late, try
reversing direction. You may have to use a file to remove any splaying
of the pin. It won't hurt anything if you happen to remove some material
from the drive dog in the process. If this won't do it, you can always
drill it out. (The pin should be soft)

Dick

From:
johncnorth@gmail.com(John North)

Bentley says to "tap" out the pin holding the distributor shaft to the
drive dog.   Well I've been "tapping" with a hammer and punch then
switched to a 2# sledge and I can not move that pin.   Moss calls this
a roll pin, but mine definitely seems to be a solid pin.   I also
tried to press this out using a roll pin and a vice with no success.
Am I missing something or do I just need to increase the "tapping" to
something more like bludgeoning.
John North