Re: [6pack] Re: Electric fuel pump set up

To: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>, 6-Pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] Re: Electric fuel pump set up
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:33:03 +0000
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>

> Okay, in light of the discussion going on, I'll throw out this
> question. Other than reliability and avoiding the problem of having
> fuel drain into the sump, what are the advantages to converting to an
> electronic fuel pump, especially if you are running stock carbs?

I like the electric fuel pump because it refills the bowls quickly on hot days
or after long periods between drives without cranking the starter. I also like
it because when I ran the stock oil filter, it was easy to remove the entire
canister through the area vacated by the stock pump (now I'm running a spin on
filter). I also like it as an anti-theft measure. I have a hidden switch for
mine, and if someone were to drive my car away, it wouldn't run very far before
it ran out of gas.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL