Clutch Survey

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Survey
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
I recently installed the Gunst/Luk kit from the Roadster Factory. I haven't
installed the pre-load spring yet.  I researched and followed all clutch &
trannie installation checklists and recommendatons.

 Everything works great!
I have a good feeling about the longevity of this set-up.

One thing I
noticed was that only only one of the dowels supplied with the Gunst kit could
be used.  The other position (2 oclock or so as indicated in Gunst
instructions) needed a bigger bolt that required a little persuasion with the
hammer to go home.   I could almost see the trannie/engine alignment increase
as I tapped the bolt into position for fastening.

A clubmate of mine reports
noise with his Roadster Factory Gunst bearing.  Only difference I'm aware of
is that he purchased his pressure plate and cover from a local auto parts
supplier.  Although the part was for TR6, it wasn't one of the brands
typically mentioned on this list.

Buy the best parts and proceed carefully
and thoughtfully with this job.

Bruce Simms 73 TR6   Saskatchewan