Thrustwashers

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thrustwashers
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again List,

Well it appears John North and I were in the same boat for the clutch issues
related to thrustwashers in the oil pan. I dropped my oil pan today and found
two of the thrustwashers sitting there in the bottom. I uploaded a bunch of
pictures (excessive amount) for those of you that are in to up close shots of
worn bearings...

http://picasaweb.google.com/kendalll/ThrustWasherBearing

I'll have more questions once I take a look at the manual to see what it's
"supposed" to look like in there... and also once I get the main cap off to see
if there is any damage there.

This sucks because my "dependable" car, a 1986 Pontiac 6000 with 285K miles got
rear-ended during the morning commute on the freeway.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/photologin/6000_ohnoes.jpg

so now I'm down two cars in one week!

Kendall
In a rental Chevy Cobalt for now...