Gas tank

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas tank
From: "Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:47:06 -0600
Here's a new one.  I took out my gas tank to put in a new gasket at the
sending unit.  Shipwright's set in, I decided to "slush out" the tank with
the kit from Moss.  Step 1 is the cleaner to remove all the old sludge,
varnish, etc.  BUT HOW DO I DRAIN IT OUT?  I followed the instructions,
covered all the holes except the filler neck. put in the quart of stuff
mixed with a quart of hot water, sloshed it repeatedly at hourly intervals,
waited 24 hours.  I can drain a lot of the cleaner through various holes,
the vapor tube, the exit pipe for the gasoline proper, even the hole for the
sending unit, but I can't completely drain the damn thing no matter what.
My next door neighbor thought I was a nut standing there holding the tank in
all sorts of attitudes, shaking the shit out of it!

Suggestions before I do the etching and coating?

Kevin