Re: Horn Problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn Problem
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:46:57 -0700
John---There should be a Purple/Black wire with a bullet connector going
into the harness under the dash (between the speedo & tach). This is the
hot wire and the horn push becomes the ground.  If pulling out this P/B
wire stops the horn from blowing (after replacing the fuse) then this
wire is going to ground somewhere enroute to the horn. Either up the
steering column or the horn brush. Excess play in the steering column
can sometimes make the horn blow when the column is moved.

If removing this P/B wire at the harness connection doesn't change
anything, then it would appear that this wire is going to ground closer
to the relay. (Not as likely)

The mechanism that operates the TR horn under the horn push can be
frustrating at times!

Dick

From:
johncnorth@gmail.com(John North)

Last night, I started the car and the horn started blaring.   Removed
the horn push, still blaring.   Eventually the fuse blew before I
could get to the horns to pull a wire.   Guess something shorted
out...   So now I have a bit of a dilemma - it doesn't seem like I can
use the standard trouble shoot, per Dan Masters, because something in
the circuit is blowing the fuse.   Do I have to replace the relay or
the horn, if so which first?
Any help appreciated.
John North