tr6 dashboard....which one to buy?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: tr6 dashboard....which one to buy?
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:45:02 +0000
hello.

on my way to the carlisle show on friday, i could finally locate the source
of a leak in my TR.
around the windsheild gasket! darnit. well, the leak has destroyed my
original dash board.
so once i make sure i have fixed the leak (i worked on it sunday and
installed a new body/WS seal)
i want a new dashboard.

i only saw one person set up at carlisle, and although his work is beatiful,
it seems that all his samples
had spliced veneer's...meaning, a straight splice joining two peices of
veneer. ekk. i want a solid sheet.

i searched the archives, but am unable to locate any past threads dealing w/
who/where/what to buy. as my original plywood is also damaged, i will end up
needing buy a new board.

i am NOT interested in solid wood. they don't flex.
probably interested in teak, but maybe oak. depends on the grain.

so, anyone have suggestions, is there a place called prestige? i seem to
recall them as the best vote.
any suggestions on stains , etc.?

thanks in advance!

james