Re: Bullet Mirrors

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bullet Mirrors
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 23:20:06 -0700
 Gene---For those that want to go to the bother, one can pick up a (junk
yard?)  passenger side mirror from a later model pickup truck. These
mirrors typically push things back at about twice the real distance,
like late model car passenger side mirrors. Take it to an auto glass
shop and bring your TR mirror with you for the glass pattern, They can
circle-cut the convex mirror glass to fit the one for the TR.

Dick

From: gene@garrison-
tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Decorative. Bad.
I've had a bullet on my passenger side for the 20+ years I've owned the
car. I'm a great believer in such, it always irritated me that the feds
required 5 mph bumpers but never required passenger side rear view
mirrors.
But like you say, it's pretty much useless without a "may be closer
than" convexity. So I've got one of those stick-ons on it, but it's way
too convex. I can see maybe 12' back. Has anyone actually found a
"slighty convex" version?
- GeneG
www.garrison-grafixx.com/tr6