Fuel Tank Sender

To: 6-pack listserve <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Sender
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
My fuel gauge quit working coincidental to having the
diff mounts reinforced. I assume that there is no
relationship between the two events. At any rate, the
gauge deflects fully when the hot wire to the sender
is grounded and I measure a full 10 volts at the
sender so I am assuming the sender has gone south.

I guess the solution is to pull the fuel tank and
replace the sender. Are there any gotchas, cautions,
or short cuts, to that process?

Do I really need to buy a new sender or can a sender
be repaired?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick Norris
'75 TR6 CF37597U