RE: throttle linkage bushings

To: <SamuelsMA@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: throttle linkage bushings
From: "Darrell Ramsey" <dramsey11@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:37:06 -0400
It's been a while, so someone correct me if I'm wrong...

You have to first remove the throttle pedal and shaft.  Disconnect the cross
shaft from the carb linkage and extract the pedal and rod from inside the
car.

Next, get a bottle of scotch and spend the next six hours cursing as you
attempt to insert the bushings.  It does help to get them soft by heating
them in water - but they are difficult to insert.

Regards

Darrell Ramsey

>I have ordered 2 new throttle linkage bushings for my '76.  These are  the
>bushings that fit into the tub of the car and isolate the horizontal
throttle
>linkage bar from the body.  My Haynes manual has a procedure for
>assembly/disassembly of the throttle linkage, but no comment on whether
these  replacement
>of these bushings requires doing that.  I suspect it  does.  Is that
correct?