RE: Oil filter pressure question

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Oil filter pressure question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:00:40 -0700
        Dick:

        A couple of guesses:

        1. Too high a viscosity oil. When cold it turns to molasses, and
it is very slow to register pressure.
         Might be because the owner worried about low oil pressure when
hot at idle?
        2. Lack of an anti drain back valve in the filter. This does not
seem likely, but since I do not
         run a spin on conversion, I thought I would mention it. In my
Pontiac Fiero of years gone by,
         installing a filter with no drain back valve would cause a
nasty rattle on start up and a long
         delay before oil pressure registered.
        3. Both of the above?

        Vance