Re: TR6 uptime

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 uptime
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:03:44 -0700
Michael,
My 74 TR6 sat for 12 years before I bought it from my sister. It was not
"put away" before it sat, she just stopped driving it. The small shop I
found back in WI where she lives had it for about a month to get it up and
running. I had it shipped to AZ when he was done. Only major items they had
to do were replacement carbs and have the gas tank boiled out and sealed. He
did adjust the brakes, replace fluids, battery, hoses, plugs, ect. Cost me
$500 plus parts. That was 2 years ago. The only time I've had to have it to
a shop here in AZ was to get the carbs adjusted when it was running rough a
few months ago. I don't touch carbs, but the shop my local Triumph club
members recommended had the car for 2 hours and it now runs great. I have
only had the car down one weekend to replace the rear trail arm bushings,
springs and shocks. First time I have ever done anything like that but
followed the repair book and everything went well after a couple of emails
to the list.

So my down time is not unlike any of my other vechiles and I drive mine to
work about 3 days a week. Maybe that's not normal. You may want to try and
find a local Triump club to see who they use in your area. You may get
better results and not have so much down time.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U
http://www.triumphowners.com/798