Re: Thermoprobe sensor for thermostat, eletric fan

To: trinitygadget@alltel.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thermoprobe sensor for thermostat, eletric fan
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:41:24 EST
Rick O.
Thanks for the details. Yes, I considered the soldering of a bung or  similar
into the lower radiator pipe or into the lower section of the radiator
itself. But did not want to farm out the work on limited budget. The
thermoprobe
was a less invasive solution. I am surprised the foam rubber patch you have has
 enough purchase on very little total surface area of the edges of the
radiator  fins to hold it securely. Maybe I will get some sticky foam sections
and
try it  out.
I did not think about the adjustability of the T-stat giving me freedom of
placement, but it makes sense. I cannot remember the temp range on my T-stat,
but it should be at least a 40'F range I suppose. Looks like I will be
mounting  it near the upper middle section, but likely on the left side instead.
Cheers,
Michael Rankin, 1971 TR6 CC61212L