Re: Weight Curious?

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Weight Curious?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:39:20 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:

>  Some books say the later TR6 weighs close to 2600 lb. I know there's

> Mitch wrote,
> ....I have no idea what my car weighs. Now you have me curious.

My race car weighs exactly 2011 in racing trim, sometimes up to 2028 if I
forget that it already has fuel in it when I add more. As a point of
reference, that's no bumpers, no trim, no interior (except the Kirky
racing seat), a bolt-in roll bar and a Race Safe aluminium fuel cell.
Currently the body is almost all steel... I'm in the process of dropping
the weight to 1900, but I'm also going to add a "cage" to "stiffen it up"
a bit. It'll be interesting to see if I can get to 1900 - it's not going
to be easy. The 6-pound fenders should be a big help - just don't lean on
them!

The later cars are pretty hefty as Dick points out, but the early cars are
still more than 2300 pounds which is not exacly "svelte" for such a small
car.

> --
> Mitch Seff

Happy T-day (in the US)! Happy-Happy everywhere else.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx