Re: brake servo

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake servo
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:05:18 -0800
 John V.----Since there is no fluid in the operation of the brake servo,
any that "leaks out" must be coming down into the servo from the Master
Cylinder. A repair kit for the MC may be all that is necessary.
Sometimes honing of the bore will make for a better seal, and in exteme
cases a sleeve or a new MC is in order.
The servo should have a small relief "V" indentation, where the MC bolts
to it. Look for a shiny wet trickle from the V.

Dick

From: jvannorman@wowway.com(John VanNorman)
A few weeks ago a noted that I had brake fluid leaking somewhere around
the brake master cylinder or servo. After a little detective work - in
other words, putting down some tissue paper and waiting - it looks like
I have a small leak coming out of the bottom of the servo (it doesn't
appear to be coming from the connection point between the servo and the
cylinder, but rather from the very bottom of the servo, as if a seal is
damaged). Once again guys, I'm a newbie, but does it sound like it is
time to have the servo replaced or rebuilt? Could it be something else?
John V.
74 1/2 TR6