Re:Electrical short- Help

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Electrical short- Help
From: "Ray" <RayMuratore@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:11:07 -0500
John and others,

Odd things yesterday;  I traced out the line. I have continuity from the
power side of the fuse through to the Voltage Stab, and the washer
switch. The wire that was connected there, is red with a green stripe???
and has NO power. SO, I ran a line direct from the battery to the
terminal... Figured this would simulate proper function... Instead the
directional markers light up solid and I get nothing when i engage the
turn signal switch. I'm going back out tomorrow for some more torture...
Any clues? As I think of it, I need to confirm 12v to the flasher relay.
Does anyone know where the splice is under the dash? I'd like to trace
that out as well.

This is like playing Clue:TR6 edition.... Who killed Penny? It was the
DPO... in the garage... with a spoon!

Ray Muratore

'72 TR-6 - Her name's Pretty Penny - Cause that's what she's costing

Ray,

As a follow on to Vance's comments; If your Fusebox is old, this might
also be the cause of an open in that circuit.  95% of my electrical
issues disappeared when I changed out the fusebox.

John Cyg.