Re: Brake Tech Article

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Tech Article
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:48:18 -0800 (PST)
Greg:

At the risk of beating a dead horse at bit more, from what I've read
modifications such a swapping rear drums for discs, steel braided lines, etc.
do more to improve braking "feel" through the pedal, than shorten braking
distances. Of course, that's exactly why cars set up for racing use 'em!  Yet,
I admit that I wouldn't mind having the extra peace of mind that come from
having a set of vented rotors when drving briskly in curvy, hilly terrain.
Brake fade is not part of the motoring experience one craves when traversing a
road with an 80 foot drop off the shoulder! If you happen to have the info on
the Toyota rotor swap, would you mind sending it off-list to me?

Thanks!

Jim

Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Jim,

You're absolutely 'spot on' there. I forgot to include that tire link as well
and was the reason why I said "in the end it does not matter much at all."  The
only upgrade I am considering is to lessen brake fade via slotted vented rotors
in the 4Runner caliper/Cressida disc modification along with stainless hoses.

Greg
(snip)