RE: "A" overdrive electrics

To: <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "A" overdrive electrics
From: "Rick or Lori O" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:41:12 -0400
There are two schools of thought on a fused O/D.  Some say it is better to
melt the O/D harness/relay windings to prevent the potential damage to the
gearbox/engine should the fuse blow falsely (e.g., current spike),
disengaging the O/D at high rpm.  My A O/D is not fused.

If I understand you correctly, you have no unattached wires under your hood
cause they're with the O/D harness.  You'll have to tap into one of the four
switched fuse connections at the fuse box to power the relay.

Rick O.
72 TR6