Brake pedal return spring?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake pedal return spring?
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:01:47 -0400
Hello,

I just reassembled my pedal box, and something doesn't seem right. On the
clutch side, the hole for the pedal return spring aligns nicely with the spring
retaining tab on the pedal box. On the brake side, however, the spring
interferes with the mounting tab for the brake light switch. I'm afraid
something may have been bent during sandblasting and powdercoating.

Would some kind soul please look up in the driver's side footwell of a TR250 or
LHS TR6 and tell me...

1. Does the brake pedal return spring mount to the tab with the small hole in
it, like the clutch pedal does, or somewhere else? How close does it come to
the brake switch mounting tab?

2. Just to be sure, can you verify that the pedal with the extra bar hanging
down is the clutch pedal and the single-bar pedal is the brake?

Thanks,

Tom Marincic
CC55483L

http://www.triumphowners.com/735