Re: Brake Light Switch

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Light Switch
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:07:39 +0000

> Steve---This subject comes up every now and then. Remember that the
> brake light switch is normally open, as when tested at rest on the work
> bench. The movement of the plunger should close the switch, as when the
> brake pedal is depressed. If your bench test doesn't show this
> continuity, the switch could be bad.
> If bad, it could probably be fixed. Then again, they are so inexpensive,
> it's hardly worth it.

As Dick mentuioned, the replacement switches are very cheap. But so is their
construction. I took a brand new switch as supplied by one of the Big 3 to my
local NAPA store. They came up with a perfect replacement switch that is from a
Honda, and seems to be a much better piece than the TRiumph replacement (which
bore little physical resemblance to the switch that I removed from my car). It
was inexpensive also.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL