Re: Pilot Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pilot Bushings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:40:30 -0700
John---The main dimensions are the OD and ID on this (new) bushing,
which look OK  The bushing's different depth doesn't mean much, and will
support the input shaft just fine as-is.
You can use any good moly grease, or even wheel bearing grease in and
around this bushing area.
The bushing should be just loose enough to "float" in the flywheel
cavity.

Dick

From: janah@att.net(John & Allison Cyganowski) Hi All-
So okay, I have my old pilot bushing and my new bushing and they seem
different. They have a similar OD. The dia of the new one is 1.003 give
or take little. The old one is 0.999. I an attribute this to wear.
However, the old bushing width is 0.497 to 0.498 while the new bushing
is 0.451-0.453. This is a pretty big difference (>0.040). All dinensions
are in inches. What is the deal here???
John Cyg.