Tuning a tr250

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning a tr250
From: "Ron Landis" <Ron.Landis@kentcounty.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:22:00 -0400
to the listers

This weekend finally got the 250 on the road.  However something is not
correct.  Set timing to 10 to 12 degrees BTDC, balanced carbs, new
electronic ignition, plugs etc.  Car will idle okay, alittle rough @
850rpm, but once you "goose" or let off on the throttle it idles down to
like 200rpm and wants to stall.   The idle comes backup to a rough 850.
The Carbs are early models with adjustments on bottom, when I cleaned
them these were removed and cleaned.  With all that said I think it
maybe running lean or there is a vacuum leak I can't find.  Oh yeah when
your driving and I let off the throttle I can hear a whistle.

Can anyone help???

Ron

Ron Landis PE
Kent County Department of Public Works