1/8 MileTR6 Run

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 1/8 MileTR6 Run
From: "triumph6970@netzero.com" <triumph6970@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:13:09 GMT
I just got back from Oxford Plain Speedway in Oxford, Maine.
I'm running the stock 3.71 gears with over drive. Motor has some Goodparts.
I rolled it out easy and ran 9.4 seconds in the 1/8 mile at 76MPH.
I went through the speed traps in second gear in overdrive. It looked like I
was taching near 7,000 RPM
That was my best time without shifting into 3rd.
Everyone I raced I passed them in the mid range.
I put away a few 350 cameros and surprised a few others including myself. A
real fun time for 20 bucks.
Triple Goodparts Strong-bergs.
GP3 cam
1.65 roller rockers
.448 lift
Ported narrow port head
10.5 to 1 compression on pump gas.
28 degrees of timing
Goodparts air ram intake
Stainless 2, 3 into 1 headers connected behind the trany.
2.5 exhaust out the back.
215-60-15 tires
Anyone out there with similar results with a hot motor or not.
1970 TR6 Huger orange
Poland Spring, Maine