Re: Engine Questions

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Re: Engine Questions
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:30:47 -0400
> > - Anyone know what the Zenith-Strombergs draw in terms of
> > ariflow?
>
> I have seen claims that they can flow 130 cfm, but I have never
> actually seen one flow that much.

Wow 130cfm, no wonder people are installing 2" SUs ;-)  Those poor
Strombergs are acting like intake restrictor plates.

Kidding aside, a ZS175 should be flowing more like 230cfm per carburettor.
SU HS6s are around 210CFM and HIF6s (more like ZS175) are just around
240cfm.  Both the HS6 and HIF6 have the same throttle plate diameters as the
ZS175, the difference between the two SUs is the different carburettor
bodies (the HIF being the successor to the HS series).

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics