Dash Top Repair

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash Top Repair
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:04:58 -0700
Thanks to all who provided information about sound deadening material.  There
is another problem that I hope someone can help solve; that being repairing
the top of the dash pad.  There are 2 areas that are each about 6" wide x 2"
and probably no deeper than a 1/16th.  Just deep enough to be noticed.
(Caused by "someone" allowing a couple of boards to rest on the high points of
the dash top). Given the hassle of removing and installing the dash assembly,
I wanted to try to fix it if possible before reinstallation.  Can this be
done?  I tried heat from a hair dryer with no noticeable change.  I have been
tempted to peel back the vinyl and use something that can troweled smooth to
build up the depressions.  However, I figured the safe thing would be to
consult the List first before I did any more damage.

Other than that, the dash pad is in very good shape.  I wonder if a
replacement would fit as well. Thanks.

Andy

Renton, WA