Single Component Paint vs Clear Coat & Base

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Single Component Paint vs Clear Coat & Base
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:48:58 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I've just finished a 7 hour marathon session stripping undercoat in
preparation for my TR6 trip to the body shop on Friday. During this process, I
had a lot of time to think about everything that I still need to do. One item
that I had rattling around is whether or not to paint a single component paint
or go with a basecoat and clear topcoat. Since it is now 12:45 AM here in PA
and I'm in no condition to decide, I thought I'd pose a question to the group.
Are there any pros or cons for going either way? I'd appreciate hearing which
direction others took on the paint type.

Once again, I greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide!

Cheers,
Ron Weber
'71 TR6 (soon to be signal red)

Discover Yahoo!